Fresh Blessings: A Life Update

My apologies for such an extended absence. I made a deal with myself to write one blog a week, but alas…it has been much longer than that. I have a few good reasons (excuses) though:


Within a week of being home I interviewed for a position as part-time event planner at WinShape Retreat. I spent that weekend in Rome hugging lots of old faces and having tons of laughter-filled conversations. I returned to Perry and (again) within a week had a second interview with WSR. 

The day after my second interview (which went extremely well – it turned out to be roughly three interviews in one, lasting about 3 hours) I drove to Atlanta with my Mama to pick up my new car. Her name is Sandy and she’s a beaut!



Sunday, Sandy got a flat tire on the way into the church parking lot. Tough luck, I know – but I had my two awesome brothers there to change it over to my spare (aren’t I lucky?!).


AND – by the grace of the dear Lord, had money for two NEW tires donated by people in the church (several of which have children in international mission work).  To say that I felt humbled was an understatement. I was in utter disbelief and shock. I’m sure I was bad at expressing my gratitude because I was so in awe of how incredible our God is. Not only does He provide like He says He will (and lavish love on us like Caitlin Sickler knows so well from 1 John), but His body moves. I think I was more in awe & on my knees in gratitude for having the opportunity to see my brothers & sisters in Christ move as a body. I’m not going to lie – being home has been rough (another post), but it was tough leaving home a year ago, too. In both instances, the Boss provided little grand gestures of love & intentionality to remind me of how Soveriegn He really is.

For that, I’m thankful.

And needless to say, Sandy was up and running before Wednesday when I received the phone call from WSR offering me a wonderful position in their event planning department – to which I squealed in delight and also gasped in horror as I realized I had less than 48 hours to pack up my life and drive like mad up I-75N to Rome.


Nevertheless, with help from my dear Mother, I had it all packed and ready to go Friday morning just before lunch. Sandy & I made our first big trip north and have settled in quite nicely here.


I started work last Monday and it was a dream. Okay, maybe not quite. The first day was orientation & fill-out-tax-forms day, which isn’t terribly exciting, but was fun nonetheless. Since, I’ve been waiting patiently for my computer to arrive & in the meantime listened to phone conversations & looked through our “other Bible” with all the dire details of how we function. 

I also read a little about Martha Berry (as if I didn’t know enough) and found out she was engaged to a Virginian man once. Fact? Fiction? I’m still on the Henry Ford train. 


This weekend has been quiet and restful – precisely what I needed. It included a Braves game to honor my first month back, lots of pumpkin tea, a little football, and a lot of Netflix. 



What an incredibly full & blessed month I’ve had at home!