Gratitude: November 24 & 25
268. Sleeping in on cold mornings.
269. New tables.
270. Precious puppy licks and playing chase in the yard.
271. Learning about black girl braids.
272. Twenty-one questions with Rachel & Tori that really only made it to three or four.
273. Mexican dinners with Allen, Maki, Allie, Chuck, & Cathryn. I love the consistency of it, but also the fun chats we have and the odd family we make up.
274. Finding the peanut butter no bake pie stuff at Walmart when I thought all was lost and I could cry. PB&Chocolate = the best ever and perfect for a Sunday night.
275. Remembering the mapped out kings of Israel & Judah in my journal from December when God was moving mountains in my life and I just wanted to know who/what made Him so angry in Jeremiah.
276. Crochet parties in the living room & cartoon kid movies because that’s just how we do things.
277. Legal pads – large enough to write long letters full of so many thoughts & large enough to piece together all the details of the days full of moments.
278. Hot chocolate with snowman marshmallows.
279. Cold rain that I hate to be out in, but love to hear outside. Living water wash me clean.
280. Trees. Etz chaim. And all God has taught me through them and continues to teach me. Rooted. Growing. Pruned. Unshakable. Bent, but not broken. Textured, but beautiful. Reaching high to the Creator. Breathing deep. Pressing in. Drinking deep. Pushing out. Dressed in righteousness. Bearing fruit. Love. Joy. Peace. Rooted in the I AM loved.
281. Ammunition. Word.
282. Phone calls just because from the likes of Amy D & Erin.
283. African tans.
284. Congolese dinner in celebration of sweet Emily being in this Roman world for one whole year. I have a hard time believing I missed so much of it because I love her so dearly.
285. Countless Thanksgiving invitations – true family is everywhere.
286. Essential oils, vitamins, and herbal teas…and honey.
287. Handwritten eucharisteo on plain brown paper in such sweet words from SR when I walked into work. Handwritten letters are my love language.
288. Ice Dream on a cold, dreary Monday, because why not?
289. Amy D’s stories reminding me that I’m not the only one who has trouble controlling my runaway thoughts full of anxiety sometimes, but the tough love: I already know what to do and who to run to, so I need to suck it up and just do it. #Jesus
290. A book of Rocks not at all about Rocks.
291. Monday pep-talks and secret societies thanks to Hannah Brencher.
And I take the promise with trembling: “Tribulation brings out perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” Romans 5:3-5